Joan Collins Barely Escapes A Fire In Her London Home
Joan Collins went through a fiery ordeal when her London apartment caught fire over the weekend.
Joan was later treated for smoke inhalation but otherwise escaped unscathed, thank God! She and her husband Percy Gibson are safe and sound.
“They were both in the apartment. Joan smelt some smoke, and Percy went out to investigate. They discovered that the guest suite was on fire,” her rep told People magazine. “Percy had two of those fire extinguishers in the apartment, so he rushed in to start putting the fire out, and Joan called for the fire brigade to come. Percy really saved the day. He was the one who put the fire out and took control until the fire brigade arrived.”
According to the BBC, it took about 10 firefighters around an hour to bring the flames under control.
And thanks also to the @NHSEnglandLDN #nhs #emt #Ambulance crew who took care of our smoke inhalation and comforted me. And the wonderful @metpoliceuk who kept the street closed and everyone safe. #gratitude— Joan Collins (@Joancollinsdbe) April 14, 2019