‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Contestant Corinne Olympios Says ‘I Am A Victim’
Corrine Olympios has remained silent about the “allegations of misconduct” that recently shut down production of Bachelor in Paradise. Now, she is speaking out.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” she said in a statement obtained by Us Weekly.
The statement continued:
“As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
The reality star has reportedly hired high-powered attorney Marty Singer, to represent her.
There are lots of rumors about what when down, but this is the first acknowledgment of the incident by Corinne. The other contestant involved, DeMario Jackson, spoke up for the first time yesterday about the scandal. He told ET,
“I have nothing to say. You know, Corinne’s an awesome girl and that’s all I have to say.”
The “misconduct” reportedly involves whether or not Corinne was too intoxicated to give consent to the sexual encounter that occurred between the two in the pool while the cameras were rolling. At this point there is no criminal investigation, and no further statement has been issued by Warner Bros.
Bachelor In Paradise was supposed to premiere on Tuesday, August 8, but is currently suspended indefinitely.